Saturday, October 9, 2010

Conair Hi-Styles - 1.5 stars

I got this for the purpose of adding volume to my crown area in my hair. I have very thick hair and it is just getting more and more heavy so my goal was to lighten it up at the crown without have to make an appointment for more layers to be put in or for it to be thinned.

I was hopeful for this product because I have heard from other people who have used the Bump-it (a similar product) that it works for people who have thick hair. I found that it was difficult to place and it doesn't fit the contour of my head. I am the type of person who doesn't give up on something if I have spent money on it, so I am going to try again with the aid of a blow dryer. I intend to heat it up until the plastic can be re-bent to fit my head. Sounds like a lot more work for a product that should be adding convience and saving me time with my hair routine. I think if someone has a head that would fit the shape that this product comes in, the styles that it would work best/easiest for would be updo's. Like I said before though, I am not going to be giving up just yet. I will however say that if you are really in need of volume, use velcro rollers and a good teasing comb. I will not recommend this product to anyone else and I give it 1.5 stars. It is a gimic and failed to satisfy me.

No comments:

Post a Comment